Couples get married with the intention of it lasting forever. Unfortunately, sometimes there can be rough situations that you or your spouse cannot handle properly leading to divorce. You can save your relationship but it will take some effort. There are some tips you can use to save your marriage.
1. If your marriage is in crisis, don’t show your partner that you’re panicking. Showing desperation will make them feel suffocated and will push him or her even further away. You must try to keep calm and in control of your emotions.
2. Don’t beg or plead with your partner to get them to return. This just shows them what depths you will go to in order to win them back. You give away your power. You’ll then feel humiliated when they don’t respond to your pleas and feel your self-esteem drop.
3. If they want space, give them space. Spend time doing those things that make you feel strong and good about yourself. Spend time with your family and your friends. Do things which increase your self-esteem.
4. If your partner is aggressive towards you, do not lash out in return. Be calm and in control and with this attitude, you will begin to feel this attitude.
5. Finally and most importantly, you must realize that you have a choice. Either react to the situation you’re in (by complaining about your marriage or allowing yourself to be flooded in negative emotions) or change your behavior! Don’t focus on trying to change your partner’s behavior but focus on changing yours. Ultimately, how you choose to respond to their behavior will decide how you feel so that you can regain your power.